https://www.instagram.com/lesliedelacruz1/

Saturday, June 9, 2018

Enrolling in a Nihongo Class at UP

 

やった! (Yatta!)

At last, I was able to overcome my procrastination to enroll in a Nihongo class. My work shift is also one of the reasons why I can't enroll just yet. I chose to enroll at the University of the Philippines (UP) because they have the cheapest fee amongst the school/language centers I've searched online. I also wrote about school/centers that offer Japanese classes and you can read it here. Also, UP is quite near from our office so there's a little room to fret over coming to class late whenever the traffic jam is at its worst.

I am a full time employee and haven't been enrolled at UP so this simple guide suits other non-UP students like me.

How did I enroll?

🔎 First I visited the website of UP Department of Linguistic to learn some basic information about the Japanese classes they are offering.
📌 UP's extramural classes comes in three cycles. 1st Cycle is from January-March, registration starts in December. 2nd Cycle is from May-July, registration starts  in April. And 3rd Cycle is from September-November,    registration starts in August.
📖 Religiously read their FAQs and the How to Enroll guide on their Facebook page.

 👣 Went to UP to create an ExCRS account. 📨 After creating an account, I immediately received the email for the activation link. ⬇️ 3 📝 Waited for the first day of  registration. Reserved a slot then went to UP again to pay the tuition fee. Cash payment ONLY.
4
After the payment the RESERVED status was updated to ENROLLED. 
or

After I successfully reserved a slot, I received an email about the next step which is payment. Failure to pay within 48 hours since you've received the confirmation email will forfeit your reservation. Then I received another email confirming my payment and that I am already enrolled.

For some, they prefer to create an account after the first day of the registration so that they only need to go to UP once for the enrollment - register for a class after account creation and if lucky enough to get a slot they just can proceed with the payment. In my case, I was eyeing the weekend class. The registration starts last April 1, 2018 -it's a Sunday. I even almost forgot it. I was able to register an hour before it started and some of the slots for the basic class were almost full. I can't afford to lose my most preferred schedule.

🎉 Gave myself a pat on the shoulder for successfully enrolling in a basic Japanese class. 

There are few classes that started as early as May 5 which I initially prefer but it was already full when I logged in for class reservation.

がんばって. (Ganbatte)

0 comments:

Post a Comment