https://www.instagram.com/lesliedelacruz1/

Saturday, December 10, 2016

Little Jaunt in Antipolo

After ages, I gained some confidence in posting something in my blog again. Let's get started.

One of my Korean buddy (she's not Korean, it's just that we have same interest on Korean Culture) asked me if I wanted to go to Cloud 9 Mountain Top view in Antipolo City. I confess, I'm not really the "adventure-enthusiast-kind-of-girl". Everyone who knows me knows that. But if someone invites me and I also like the place they're suggesting then I'll go for it.

Going back, we planned to meet on Friday at 11pm. Now, I really believe challenges always try to put every plan into tests. Here comes Friday, though "record-breaking" traffic jam is common in the Philippines, that day the traffic jam was kinda crazy. There was no vehicular accident as far as I know but the vehicles seem not moving at all. Later that day I learned that SM City East Ortigas was having its grand opening. And that mall happens to be around Ortigas Extension where we'll also be passing by on our way to Antipolo. Because of the turtle-like traffic jam, my usual 40 minutes to an hour travel time to home becomes around 2 hours. I left the office at 5am and reached home around 8am. I felt so sleepy yet I can't sleep since our meeting time was at 11am. To ease my sleepiness, I bought some groceries first then took a bath. Around 10 am, I laid on my bed and send her a message if we can just go by noon instead because of the traffic jam. Our area has a very poor mobile network signal. I was waiting for my message be sent BUT next thing I knew, I fell asleep and it's around noon already. I quickly put my cologne on and so as my backpack then leave. As expected, there were already number of messages from her.I thought she went ahead alone but she end up having a manicure and pedicure instead. Amazing! I really like that idea.

When I was already in our meeting place, I ate at McDonald's first while waiting for her to finish. And few minutes more we started our Antipolo trip.We met at Mercury drug, San Joaquin. From there we took a trike to Buting. From Buting we cross the footbridge to wait for Antipolo route PUVs on the other side of the highway. We waited for around 30 minutes since all PUVs are full and only few were passing by. Add to the struggles the other passengers waiting.Finally, we're able to take a ride. The van was moving so slow as we were approaching SM City East mall. Less travel jam though after we passed by it. What a relief! We got off at the other end of Rizal Provincial Capitol,Antipolo. There were trikes waiting along the side road but it's not route to Pinto Museum so we walked near the front part of the Capitol. There were few trikes there bound to Grand Heights Subdivision where Pinto Museum is at. We dropped off near the entrance of the museum.




For adult, the entrance fee is PHP200. Bags are not allowed inside so we we left our bags at the deposit counter. We were in a hurry since it's already 5pm and the museum will close by 6pm. We enjoyed the view while rushing to take photos. I and my buddy were like doing a photo shoot there. My buddy is so good at making poses. I'm camera shy. I like "fake stolen shots" instead of projecting to the camera.








 
 



 
 

 

 







Photos credit: Erlyn (my buddy. I blurred our face for "security purposes" !^^)

It was kinda tiring 'coz we had to go up and down the stairs. The interesting fact of this Pinto art trip is  when we enter a mysterious room. There's a post on the door saying that the contents in that room are not suitable for children and that it should always be keep closed.As we open the sliding door, the room was dark. I thought it's not for viewing but you can see some art stuff. As my buddy turned the lights on, we finally saw the kind of arts in there. Indeed the contents are not for kids. We kept laughing as we explore through that small mysterious room.


The mysterious room
And our time was finally up. So we were ready to head up to Cloud 9~ the highlight of this little jaunt. There were trikes parked few steps from the museum's entrance/exit. Instead of going back to  Rizal Provincial Capitol to ride a trike bound to Cloud 9, we asked the driver if they can go straight to that place  It's possible, however, it's was a special ride which means fare is higher than regular rate. I think it took around 10-15 minutes before we reached our destination. We were asked to brace ourselves as the trike went up the resort 'coz of the steep road.

We decided to eat first at the restaurant where you can see the Metro skyline. What a stunning view! We sat outside then ordered our food. The prices of their food starts from around PHP100 and up but the serving is good for 2-3 persons. My buddy and I shared same food. We already asked to bill out when the restaurants' "band" started "serenading" us. I though they only do it for couples or customers celebrating their birthday. Note, you have to give them tip after that. There's always something in return. Can they just love without conditions? Oh, seems like I'm talking 'about different topic. ðŸ˜…




After that, we asked them that we'll go to the 360 Degree View Sky Deck. We don't have to pay the entrance fee since we ate at the restaurant. They just put stamp on our hands. To go there we must cross the hanging bridge. I was so excited to try that bridge but as I walked few steps up and reality slaps me hard, I backed out. I was so convinced that the bridge will break because it's me who'll try it. I'm kinda unlucky. I can feel my muscles shaking a bit. But I tried to be brave. I don't wanna disappoint too much my buddy 'coz she really wanna try it though she said she got scared too. Finally , I say "Let's go!". Really, I made sure not to look down while slowly crossing the bridge or else I might faint. That moment was so dramatic for me. I was thinking that God is walking with me, that He'll keep us same from harm. But at the same time I can hear echos behind my mind saying on and on that "THE BRIDGE WILL COLLAPSE AND I'LL FALL!!!" The more we went up the more I trembled. THANK GOD and ALL the SAINTS and ANGEL in HEAVEN 'coz we reached the deck SAFE and SOUND and SHAKING SO HARD! Though I said I  won't try it again, maybe I will still. Who knows? But that fear was eased by the beauty of the 360 degree overlooking view of Manila skyline.

360 Degree View Sky Deck and Bridge

At the Sky Deck
Erlyn at the knee-trembling hanging bridge 


The rest of the story were struggles specially in commuting since we are not familiar with the place. Let me mentioned us crossing back and forth the highway 'coz we're not sure what route should we take to go home. I'm geographically challenged. Good thing, my buddy were able to seek help from her co-worker who are familiar with the place. It was definitely FUN since my usual rest day is just spent at home. Pretty boring, eh?

This ends my yada yada story about our little jaunt in Antipolo. ♥



0 comments:

Post a Comment