https://www.instagram.com/lesliedelacruz1/

Sunday, June 3, 2018

Drum Tao Preshow in Gateway Mall


Last April 16, 2018 I attended the preview performance of the world-renowned drum show,  Drum Tao (DT), at Gateway Mall Activity Center.

I just learned about this Japanese troupe couple of months ago. I didn't know that they already performed here last 2012. Well, I was not into Japanese culture then so even if I knew I might not have the urge to watch it.

The ticket I got is for Balcony Center seat. I know it's too far from the stage but I don't mind. All I want is to experience their superb performance live. My bias is not part of the ensembles who partook in this Manila show event. He is with the other DT  performers currently touring around North America. Though I've been following their Ameblo blog, I just realized that after buying the ticket a week before their 4 days show at Kia Theater. Sad because I was excited but still happy because my first intention anyway is to witness a Japanese show live. The very first preview show (preshow) they had was last April 15 at Shangri-La Plaza. There was an interview and a Q&A from some members of the media in the audience. Below is the video of the interview. I didn't attend this event, just saw this on Youtube.



           (From L to R): Yoshinori Suito, Shingo Kawahara and Daisuke Fumoto

Going back, the event started at around 6:30pm. Prior to that they also had a preshow at Robinson Magnolia which started 6pm? I don't know how they did it but this preshow at Gateway Mall Activity Center lasted almost an hour and it's the same ensembles who performed. They even had a short interview at Robinson before their performance so how they managed to that and arrived at Gateway on time? 

Saw this Youtube videos of  Yoshi and Daisuke's interview at Robinson Magnolia.






Took some random photos before and during the show...









Throughout the entire show I was on cloud nine and was speechless. I wanted to clap with the audience but I couldn't afford to stop taking video and my other hand was busy holding my wallet and the DT flyer that was given in the venue.


The preshow has two parts. After part 1 they just took a minute or two breaktime, I guess, then jumped off to the second part.

Here are the videos I took. Please bear with the quality and how shaky it is.

Part 1/2

Part 2/2


I miss them[😂]. Hope they'll come back next year.

2019 Update: They will be performing in Manila again this coming September 5-8, 2019 at The Theater at Solaire. Tickets are on sale since last May 22,2019. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment