https://www.instagram.com/lesliedelacruz1/

Friday, May 31, 2019

Reverted to Self-Studying

Last year I enrolled in a basic Japanese class and I was so very happy. The school I enrolled at offers ten levels for learning the Japanese language. Passing each level is a prerequisite for the student to be able to continue to the next level. I was able to complete the first two levels. Unfortunately, I decided to stop during the start of the 3rd class which started last January and ended last March of this year. Conflict with my work schedule is not the main reason. I just felt then that I cannot catch up as I was having a hard time to prestudy before the class each week. I guess this is one of the challenges in learning another language- you lose your motivation along the way. In my case, it is not just in learning Japanese but I really feel like being so "exhausted" or so lazy for the past few months. I do not know also what is going on with me but I know I will be okay. 

Anyway, I just reverted to self-study. However, since I am feeling so lazy I keep procrastinating so a day passed by with me either studying very minimal or not studying at all. To make things worst, I even registered for the JLPT this coming July and as a beginner, I am supposed to take N5- the very basic level. Well, I let my pride get in the way so I made a foolish decision again as I registered for N4. I read in a forum that finishing Genki 1 and 2 will help you somehow survive the N4 test. It was March when I registered and until now I am not even halfway through Genki 1. I only have one month to study. Well, I just have to accept the fact that I planned to fail this test. I am not a genius to finish two books and remember the lessons in just one month. I will still take the test so I will have an idea of how the exam is conducted, learn from my mistake and make sure to register for N5 for the December exam. I was humbled.

Here are a few of the photos I took while self-studying~





My JLPT test voucher

I thought so too, Mr. Bukowski~

0 comments:

Post a Comment