https://www.instagram.com/lesliedelacruz1/

Thursday, June 11, 2015

LSS- Waiting for the End by Linkin Park



"Waiting for the end" of Linkin Park is my new Last Song Syndrome [LSS] these past few weeks. I'm listening to it almost the entire day. This is the beautiful thing about songs. They exactly describe the feeling you can't clearly express. It's like throwing you a one time big punch, knocking you out in a snap. That's just my two cents about music. I don't know much about it neither I am musically talented. This is simply a POV of a common listener. I'm not an LP fan when I was a kid even when I was a teen. I'm afraid I'm making it sounds like they're too old. They look younger than their age though. But I already like few of their songs then. I don't even have any copy of their albums. It was less than two years ago, I guess, when I started listening to some of their songs. Not just because of how it sounds but most of all because of its substance. And I really have an eye to this kind of musician. I admire their style of writing. It's out of the topic but the other artist I also admire because of the way he writes is Tablo. His version of "Eyes,Nose,Lips" is the best for me out of all the many versions. Going back to the Park, hopefully I can buy their A Thousand Suns album. 

I like what Mike Shinoda had said about their music in an interview.

"People just want junk food. They want throw-away junk food music that's going to make them lethargic and fat. We feel the same way about music. We want to hopefully move even more into being able to make more substantial music. We're definitely paying attention to the substance and the nuance, and we hope to make something that's really cutting edge and really different." 

No question marks why they are a music legend. If I'll have my own children in the far future I'll definitely let them listen to LP's songs. At the right age of course. I can't imagine letting a kid listen to Dirt Off Your Shoulder lyrics which has a line saying, "I ordered a frappuccino.Where's my F****n frappuccino...B**ch!" !^^


0 comments:

Post a Comment